The Nigeria All-Progressives Congress (APC) is working towards retaining power at the federal level for at least 36 years.
This is according to the party’s Chairman of the Caretaker-Extra-Ordinary National Convention Planning Committee and Yobe State Governor, Mai Mala Buni, who disclosed this on Tuesday during a press conference in Abuja.
While noting that the ruling APC needed to be in power to consolidate on the delivery of the dividends of democracy which it has been delivering since 2015, he said the party decided to set up the high-powered committee to map out strategies and prepare grounds for the actualization of this objective.
Buni noted that the party under his leadership had achieved a lot in terms of its core mandate of reconciling aggrieved party members and attracting new members.
“Our vision is to provide a wheel that will drive the party to go beyond seventh, eighth and ninth terms of office. When we succeed in doing this, APC will definitely achieve more than what it is expected to improve the lives of Nigerians and make Nigeria a great country,” he said while inaugurating the party’s 61-member Contact and Strategy Committee, at the APC National Secretariat.
“The constitution of the Strategy and Contact committee, therefore, is to consolidate the achievements we are making in building a strong party with a solid structure that would accomplish APC to stand the test of time.
“This committee is therefore very key to our process of transition towards successful congresses and national convention and, to establish a very solid, reputable and reliable future for the party.
“The high-powered committee is to be chaired by His Excellency the Executive Governor of Jigawa State, Alhaji Badaru Abubakar.”
SEE MEMBERS OF THE PARTY’S COMMITTEE BELOW:
Governor Badaru Chairs 61-Member APC Contact/Strategy Committee
The National Chairman of the Caretaker/Extraordinary Convention Planning Committee (CECPC), H.E. Mai Mala Buni has approved the constitution of a high-powered 61-member Contact/Strategy Committee for the APC.
This is part of ongoing efforts by the CECPC to rebuild and reposition our great party.
The high-powered committee will be inaugurated by the CECPC National Chairman, on Tuesday 23rd March, 2021, by 2:00pm at the APC National Secretariat.
- H.E. Mohammed Badaru Abubakar – Chairman
- H.E. (Sen.) Obarisi Ovie Omo-Agege – Member
- H.E. Alh. Yahaya Bello – Member
- H.E. Prof. Babagana Umar Zulum – Member
- H.E. Alh. Inuwa Yahaya – Member
- H.E. Engr. Abdullahi Sule – Member
- H.E. (Hon) Aminu Bello Masari – Member
- H.E. Simon Bako Lalong – Member
- H.E. Babajide Sanwo-Olu – Member
- H.E. Dapo Abiodun – Member
- H.E. (Sen.) Hope Uzodinma – Member
- H.E. David Nweze Umahi – Member
- H.E. Alh. Abdullahi Umar Ganduje – Member
- H.E. (Sen.) Aliyu Magatakarda Wammako – Member
- H.E. (Sen.) Mohammed Danjuma Goje – Member
- H.E (Sen.) Kashim Shettima – Member
- H.E. (Sen.) Ibikunle Amosun – Member
- H.E. (Sen.) Mohammed Umar Jibrilla – Member
- H.E. Timipre Sylva – Member
- H.E. Rauf Aregbesola – Member
- H.E. (Dr) Chris Ngige – Member
- H.E. (Sen) George Akume – Member
- Abubakar Malami, SAN – Member
- Hajia Sadiya Umar Faruq – Member
- Mallam Adamu Adamu – Member
- H.E. Akinwunmi Ambode – Member
- H.E. Mohammed A. Abubakar – Member
- H.E. (Sen.) Mohammed Adamu Aliero – Member
- H.E. Gbenga Daniel – Member
- H.E. Sullivan Chime – Member
- H.E. (Sen.) Iyiola Omisore – Member
- H.E. Mamadu Aliyu Shinkafi – Member
- H.E. Saidu Dakingari – Member
- Rt. Hon. Dimeji Bankole – Member
- Rt. Hon. Yakubu Dogara – Member
- Sen. Julius Ali Ucha – Member
- Sen. Ganiyu Solomon – Member
- Sen. Margaret Okadigbo – Member
- Sen. Jibrin Wowo – Member
- Sen. Anthony Oduma Agbo – Member
- Sen. Robert Ajayi Boroffice – Member
- Sen. Mohammed Sani Musa – Member
- Sen. Khairat Gwadabe – Member
- Hon. Nkeiruka Onyejeocha – Member
- Hon. Abdulrahman Kawu Sumaila – Member
- Hon. Usman Mohammed – Member
- Mallam Nuhu Ribadu – Member
- Hon. Abubakar Lado Suleja – Member
- Hon. Makinde Peter Abiola – Member
- Hon. Blessing David Onuoha – Member
- Alh. Kashim Imam – Member
- Mrs. Mimi Drubibi Adzape – Member
- Olorugun Emerhor Ortega – Member
- Obong Umana Okon Umana – Member
- Prince B.B Apugo – Member
- Chief Ify Ugo Okoye – Member
- Hon. Abike Dabiri-Erewa – Member
- Hajia Hadiza Bala Usman – Member
- Princess (Hon) Miriam Onuoha – Member
- Ideato C. Ideato Okoli – Member
- Dr. Ikechi Emenike – Secretary
Sen. John James Akpanudoehede, PhD
National Secretary, CECPC