Dwayne Johnson is popularly known as “the rock” as the highest-paid actor for 2018, according to the latest annual rankings from Forbes. He climbed from his number two placing last year – despite his $89.4m (£73.6m) earnings actually being less than the $119m (£98.1m) he made in 2018.
The world’s richest actor made it to world number two last year while the last year’s number one actor George Clooney is out of the top 10.That’s because his high earnings on 2018’s list were down to the sale of his tequila company, in a deal worth $1bn (£753m).
The highest-paid actresses list will be released by Forbes on Friday. The lists include celebrities’ overall earnings, including brand endorsements and don’t solely consist of payments for acting.There is Forbes list of the world’s best-paid male actors 2018
1. Dwayne Johnson – $89.4m (£73.6m)
2. Chris Hemsworth – $76.4m (£62.9m)
3. Robert Downey Jr– $66m (£54.4m)
4. Akshay Kumar – $65m (£53.5m)
5. Jackie Chan – $58m (£47.8m)
6. Bradley Cooper – $57m (£46.9m)
7. Adam Sandler – $57m (£46.9m)
8. Chris Evans – $43m (£35.4m)
9. Paul Rudd – $41m (£33.8m)
10.Will Smith – $35m (£28.8m)